|Message from our Service Department
Here at Performance Mechanical Group we are dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional service by well trained technicians. To provide this level of service we proactively seek ongoing training for industry products and services for our fleet of technicians. Over the next couple of months our technicians will participate in training programs for Carrier Centrifugal Chillers, Trane Intellipak Rooftop Units, and Hitachi Screw Compressors. These training events are on in addition to the in-house training we provide to our technicians; which include anything from safety, environmental practices to industry trends and products.
We are always happy to answer any questions our customers may have about the ongoing training and certification of our fleet of technicians.
Spencer Stanton - Service Director, Performance Mechanical Group
Service Tip: For HVAC Systems, Size Matters
When considering replacement of an HVAC unit(s), purchasing the right size equipment really does matter. A unit that is too large will cost you more and may leave the feeling too humid. Conversely, a unit that is too small will result in more expensive energy bills and may leave the space feeling too hot. Finding the happy medium will result in appropriate cost measures, comfort and equipment longevity.
A unit that is too big will waste a lot of money and energy.
- Larger units have a higher purchase price.
- A unit that is too large for the space will turn on and off more often. This not only uses more energy for startup, but can also cause more wear and tear on the unit, utlimately shortening its lifespan.
- A unit that is too large for the space may reach the thermostat temperature faster, but it doesn’t necessarily leave you feeling comfortable. With shorter run cycles, sometimes the system does not have a chance to pull enough of the moisture out of the air.
A unit that is too small will also waste a lot of money and energy.
- A unit that is too small for the space will have to run constantly to try to satisfy the temperature setting. This means higher energy bills.
- A constantly running unit also means a shorter lifespan and possibly higher maintenance bills as it may be constantly overworking to try to meet the load.
- A unit that is too small for the space will not be able to provide the most comfortable space possible.
But, a unit this is the right size will provide the most efficient and cost effective comfort.
When you are looking to replace your HVAC system, be sure to contact us. We can help you determine what size is best for your space. Sometimes it is not as easy as a simple swap out because the unit you had before may not have even been the right size to begin with. We are here to provide the best possible service and consultation.
‘Hit Us with Your Best Shot’ Photo Contest
We challenged our team members to submit photos for a contest we held over the summer. Because we live and work in such an amazing state we knew we’d get some incredible shots. We encouraged our team to take photos of projects, work site views, etc. – anything that shows what we do and/or where we work. The winning entry came from Richard ‘Bird’ Garcia. It is a view from a telecommunications site at Crystal Mountain – a site we perform maintenance on. See the winning shot below:
Click here for a larger view of the picture.